I really love my ELF lip stains, but sometimes it can get a little pricey,that's why I've been hunting for a lip product that can be a great substitute for it.
One time while I was browsing the web, a particular lip product caught my attention. An online shop is selling these Excel Paris 24 hours lip creams and said that it is matte and really long-lasting.
Since I saw the word "matte" and "long-lasting",it got me all interested,that's why I've been searching for reviews about this product, but I only saw a few and most of these bloggers said that this product is not good.
Being stubborn, I am still not convinced after reading the reviews about it. That's why when I've learned that my cousin's girlfriend has a friend that sells these stuffs online, I immediately grabbed the chance to order one for myself. I got the shade in No. 504(copper red)
So here is my personal opinion about this product.
What I like about it:
- When the packaging states that it is long-lasting... It is really..really long lasting!!!
- Very pigmented
Here's a swatch
- Dries matte
- No funky smell and taste
- Lots of shades to choose from
- cute packaging
- Very affordable..some sells this for as low as PHP 35.00 , The highest price that I've seen is PHP 150.00 per piece. I got mine for PHP 80.00
What I don't like about it:
- It seeps in the lines of the lips,making them look dry.
NOTE>> *You really have to apply lip balm before applying this product to avoid that cracked lips look but make sure to BLOT your lips before applying the lip cream.)
- It is stated in the packaging that it contains vitamin A and E,but it doesn't state the list of ingredients about this product.
- Some of the reviews I've read compared this product to Acrylic paint and watercolor, and honestly for me...yes kinda looks like paint, more of a poster paint(which is water based) mixed with a little bit of water. I've said that, not because of the smell...(because my lip cream has no scent at all), It's because of the consistency of the product itself and also because it is really pigmented. A little goes a long way.
For a comparison, Here's my ELF lip stain in Red Carpet(left) and Excel Paris lip cream in 504(Copper Red)-right
I know that these two are different shades of red, the ELF has a bluer undertone, while the Excel Paris has a more warmer/orangey undertone.
I've placed them side by side so we can see the difference in the consistency.
- Both of it glides on smoothly .
- You can see that the Excel Paris is more pigmented
- The Excel Paris has a thicker consistency, it really shows the lines on my arms. That explains why the lips look dry.
This what it looks like when rubbed for the nth times
|Excel Paris really stays on well !|
Here are some of my pictures wearing this product(504)
(I've applied lip balm beforehand, and blot the excess product before applying the lip cream)
lips' shot with flash
lips' shot without flash
And in case you are wondering, I didn't get any allergic reaction with this product.
So can it be a substitute for my ELF lip stains???
Yes, it can...but my lip stains stays as my favorite lip product :)
Overall I would rate it with 3 out of 5 stars.
Like my FACEBOOK PAGE
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL
and make my day!
"SPREAD THE LOVE AND KEEP ON ROCKIN'!"