Friday, June 1, 2012

Excel Paris long lasting 24 hours lip cream review





I really love my ELF lip stains, but sometimes it can get a little pricey,that's why I've been hunting for a lip product that can be a great substitute for it.

 One time while I was browsing the web, a particular lip product caught my attention. An online shop is selling these Excel Paris 24 hours lip creams and said that it is matte and really long-lasting.



Since I saw the word "matte" and "long-lasting",it got me all interested,that's why I've been searching for reviews about this product, but I only saw a few and most of these bloggers said that this product is not good.

Being stubborn, I am still not convinced after reading the reviews about it. That's why when I've learned that my cousin's girlfriend has a friend that sells these stuffs online, I immediately grabbed the chance to order one for myself. I got the shade in No. 504(copper red)






So here is my personal opinion about this product.

What I like about it:

  • When the packaging states that it is long-lasting... It is really..really long lasting!!!
  • Very pigmented
Here's a swatch


  • Dries matte
  • No funky smell and taste
  • Lots of shades to choose from
  • cute packaging
  • Very affordable..some sells this for as low as PHP 35.00 , The highest price that I've seen is PHP 150.00 per piece. I got mine for PHP 80.00






What I don't like about it:
  • It seeps in the lines of the lips,making them look dry.
    NOTE>> *You really have to apply lip balm before applying this product to avoid that cracked lips look but make sure to BLOT your lips before applying the lip cream.)
  • It is stated in the packaging that it contains vitamin A and E,but it doesn't state the list of ingredients about this product.
  • Some of the reviews I've read compared this product to Acrylic paint and watercolor, and honestly for me...yes kinda looks like paint, more of a poster paint(which is water based) mixed with a little bit of water. I've said that, not because of the smell...(because my lip cream has no scent at all), It's because of the consistency of the product itself and also because it is really pigmented. A little goes a long way.
For a comparison, Here's my ELF lip stain in Red Carpet(left) and Excel Paris lip cream in 504(Copper Red)-right

wet





completely dry

I know that these two are different shades of red, the ELF has a bluer undertone, while the Excel Paris has a more warmer/orangey undertone.

I've placed them side by side so we can see the difference in the consistency.

  • Both of it glides on smoothly . 
  • You can see that the Excel Paris is more pigmented
  • The Excel Paris has a thicker consistency, it really shows the lines on my arms. That explains why the lips look dry.


This what it looks like when rubbed for the nth times

Excel Paris really stays on well !



Here are some of my pictures wearing this product(504)

(I've applied lip balm beforehand, and blot the excess product before applying the lip cream)

with flash



lips' shot with flash





without flash



lips' shot without flash







And in case you are wondering, I didn't get any allergic reaction with this product.

So can it be a substitute for my ELF lip stains???

Yes, it can...but my lip stains stays as my favorite lip product :)


Overall I would rate it with 3 out of 5 stars.

Like my FACEBOOK PAGE
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL

and make my day!

"SPREAD THE LOVE AND KEEP ON ROCKIN'!"


xo


ANN

16 comments:

  1. That color looks gorgeous on you! On other people's lips, this product looks like paint. But on you, it looks like matte lipstick. I have to ask, though, how do you remove it? I've heard it's very tough to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! ... I use makeup remover...baby oil really works well too :)

      Delete
  2. Some sellers use your picture. Your an Excel Paris lip cream model now =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...really??where did you see them? :)

      Delete
    2. here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=406573139386325&set=a.406572916053014.100439.100001009280623&type=3&theater

      Delete
    3. haha...thank you dear :)

      Delete
    4. Try Miners Cosmetics' The Matte Factor lip paints. The shade equivalent to the color you reviewed is Warm Red. I love it because it does not smell like paint, has moisturizers but stays matte, and from a trusted UK brand. :)

      Delete
    5. thank you for the recommendation dear :)

      Delete
  3. im loving excel lip cream nowadayss bebe :)
    read my new blog about this one ! :D
    VEI here ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check that out doll! :)

      Delete
  4. You bought the fake one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so too.
      I'm afraid using cheap red lipsticks/creams because they will darken your lips in the long run.

      Delete
    2. I did not know that there are fake excel Paris lip creams.
      You don't have to buy one if you don't like :)... this is just a review and a reference for those people who are interested in buying this particular product :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, they're fake. One advice for you, don't buy products without the ingredients on the labeling. They contain harmful chemicals. FDA says so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will take note of that...Thank you for the information dear :)

      Delete